International Mars Society Links
News & Content
Whole Mars Catalog
New Mars Forum
Mars Images & Charts
The Winnipeg Chapter holds its monthly meetings in Winnipeg, but membership is open to all residents of Manitoba.
Chapter meetings were held the last Friday of each month. To join the Winnipeg Chapter, send an email to
or just show up at the next meeting.
To become a member of the Mars Society, click on Join Now.
There are no dues for chapter membership, and individuals who have not purchased a membership are welcome to attend.
Next monthly meeting:
Thursday, September 29, at 7:00pm
Old Spaghetti Factory in Johnson Terminal at The Forks. We have requested a private room called "the grotto", but it's not guaranteed. Ask the hostess for the "Mars Society".
Meals are not mandatory, but it's a restaurant so obviously available if you so choose.
Virtual meetings using Zoom are possible if members express an interest. I am available.
Web pages for several projects have been created. These projects are also available to all members of the Mars Society.
The Existing Russian rockets web page is informational, but all other projects are intended for member participation.
The projects are:
To join a project, click Projects at the top of the page, then select the project you want. Each project has a separate group.
- Mars chemistry set - developing a student's kit to conduct many of the chemistry described on this website
- MCP spacesuit - to promote the club and demonstrate what is Mechanical Counter Pressure, we're making an analogue suit for demonstrations
- Ion engine - a reduced size version of NASA's ion engine, intended for a micromission probe to Mars
- Greenhouse - soil simulant and enclosure; design an inflatable structure for Mars that can grow plants on Earth in winter
- Chloroplast - designing a biochemical machine to manufacture carbohydrate using photosynthesis
A couple presentations made by Robert Dyck over the last year, the first two are from the Mars Society Convention for 2021, held virtually via Zoom:
Large-scale Colonization Ship
Newfoundland: historical example of settlement
The last was given to the North Houston chapter of the National Space Society (NSS). This was a hybrid meeting with some local members present and most virtual. Robert presented over Zoom:
Big Ship - this is based on the Large-scale Colonization Ship above but with some additions.