International Mars Society Links
News & Content
Whole Mars Catalog
New Mars Forum
Mars Images & Charts
The Winnipeg Chapter holds its monthly meetings in Winnipeg, but membership is open to all residents of Manitoba.
Chapter meetings were held the last Friday of each month. To join the Winnipeg Chapter, send an email to
or just show up at the next meeting.
To become a member of the Mars Society, click on Join Now.
There are no dues for chapter membership, and individuals who have not purchased a membership are welcome to attend.
Next monthly meeting:
Meetings have been suspended due to COVID. Virtual meetings using Zoom are possible if members express an interest.
Update: A couple members have expressed interest in resuming in-person meetings. Finding a meeting location is our next issue. We met at Keystone Hobbies until the owners retired. Meeting were held at the Millennium Library initially, and resumed back there when Keystone Hobbies closed. However, due to COVID no meeting room is available there. Anyone interested, please send an email to Robert Dyck using the link below.
Web pages for several projects have been created. These projects are also available to all members of the Mars Society.
The Existing Russian rockets web page is informational, but all other projects are intended for member participation.
The projects are:
To join a project, click Projects at the top of the page, then select the project you want. Each project has a separate group.
- Mars chemistry set - developing a student's kit to conduct many of the chemistry described on this website
- MCP spacesuit - to promote the club and demonstrate what is Mechanical Counter Pressure, we're making an analogue suit for demonstrations
- Ion engine - a reduced size version of NASA's ion engine, intended for a micromission probe to Mars
- Greenhouse - soil simulant and enclosure; design an inflatable structure for Mars that can grow plants on Earth in winter
- Chloroplast - designing a biochemical machine to manufacture carbohydrate using photosynthesis